Here are some basic guidelines we follow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Look over the skin to identify & match up where the pieces fit on your device.
- Water works best for cleaning; don't use stuff like alcohol or glass cleaner.
- If the skin sticks to itself, a quick snap frees it. Yanking or pulling can stretch it.
- Don't peel up the clear layer; it's there to protect the skin's artwork.
Make It Easier
Here are a few things that can make installation a bit easier:
- A flat, clean and dry work surface
- A slightly damp paper towel or cloth
- A dry paper towel or microfiber cloth
- A safety pin, paperclip or Exacto knife
- Prep your operating table: We want a flat, clean area. Make sure it's clean. We're looking to avoid any dust, stray hairs and leftovers on the kitchen table.
- Prep your hands: Get up and scrub your hands with soap and warm water to remove any natural oils and grease from your hands. Dry your hands thoroughly.
- Prep your device: The surface of your device needs to be clean, so grab your damp towel and wipe your device down to remove any funk. Do not use rubbing alcohol or windex - only use water.
- Dry your device: Using your dry towel, make sure there's no water left on your device. Let it sit for a few minutes to make sure any leftover water has evaporated.
- Get the skin ready: Using your safety pin or paperclip, carefully remove any tiny cutouts of the skin (like the microphone and speaker cutouts on iPhones). We've found it's best to do this while the skin is still on the backing.
- Peel & Apply: Now you can gently peel your skin off its backing and apply it to your device. Start at one edge and use the other edges as a guide to get your skin perfectly lined up. Take your time. If you come across any air bubbles or wrinkles during the process, gently run your finger over them and the channeled adhesive will allow the bubbles to be pressed out.
- You're done! You've just installed your first custom skin. Now go show off your newly skinned device to the world!
You'll it - we promise!
Since we started in 2003, we've taken great pride in the quality, fit and ease of installation of our skins. That's why we offer our simple 100% guarantee:
If you don't love your purchase from us, you can simply return your unused skin for a full refund or credit.
Peel. Stick. Protect. It's easy, but on the off chance something goes wrong installing your new skin, don't worry. Cover the shipping and we'll send you a free replacement - just contact us.
5,000,000+ skins sold. Over a decade of quality. Experience it yourself!
DecalGirl is still operating in a reduced capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic. Administrative and creative staff members are telecommuting as much as possible, while production and shipping staff members are working in shifts and following appropriate social distancing and hygiene measures.
Normally, we ship orders within 1 business day - at the moment, we're anticipating 2-3 business days. As a small, family-owned manufacturing company, we really appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to pay our employees and cover their benefits in these uncertain times.